Today as I reach another age milestone, I am thinking about the past more than usual. I am always musing about days gone by, especially apparent with the Slack magazines I have been resurrecting as of late. But on my B-day, a little more than usual.....
This day, my birthday, May 28th was always was a signal that Summer was fast approaching. After the Memorial Day festivities have past and the promise of June was right around the corner, all I could think of when I was a kid was Summer! All I did all summer in 1973, when I was 8, was camp and swim (the year of the accompanying photo).
Top Things I Am Going To Do On My B-day Today:
- Work- well, it's not glamorous, but it's true. I can't get out of that, I do own my own company...
- Wear my new B-day shoes (wearing 'em now!)
- Drink a beer (maybe 2 or more...).
- Eat some Bocce's pizza.
- Get a lot of kisses from my girls.
- Read email-wishes from some friends.
- Talk to my Mom & Dad on the phone- they always calls.
- Listen to music (everyday- it's my lifeblood- keeps me going).
- Bask in the glory-- read my name on other blogs/websites (see Typecon Events page, DJs deja blu at the saturday Night Gala)
- See my friend Edreys rap live at Allen Hall tonight!
- Watch Playoff Hockey at Casa- maybe Sid the Kid will score a goal tonight? eh?