Friday, March 21, 2008

Neon Bible

Tommy, can you hear me?

I love book design, love packaging design. Here is an article in Graphics.com about some really innovative and just-plain-cool book designs. In each case, the designer has interacted with the subject matter. The subject mater has driven the design solution.

I really like the book of photos that were buried and then un-earthed with dirt and decay and the AGI: New Voice, which was bound with a synthetic ear (see images at the right). This will stand out on the book shelf! Huh? I also like the All Men Are Brothers, a project that features interviews and the work of 108 leading contemporary graphic designers.

This article references a new book about books called Book-Art: Innovation in Book Design by Charlotte River available from RotoVison. Some of the books are great, some are not.

Very cool- check it out the article here

BONUS BEATS (for Good Friday): The cool Neon Bible video by Arcade Fire. They play the song in an elevator complete with ripping pages sound effects!
>>
Click here for You Tube video.

After 10 hours of straight sleep, I have overcome the burnout; I live to design once again... at least until the Sabs take on the Leafs tonight, eh? Then I'll have to take a break.

No comments: