Saturday, January 3, 2009

1999, Gonna Party Like It's

Why 2009 is already better than 2008:

12) I have discovered weird old country music on AM 1300.
11) I got to see the Wilco episode of Austin City Limits last night (very good).
10) My basement is not flooded.
09) My car radiator is new.
08) The Sabres are 1-0 for 2009.
07) No friends have died yet.
06) The sun is shining today.
05) The Christmas music has stopped.
04) All my reading, so far, has been Clash-oriented.
03) I can stop watering the Xmas tree twice a day.
02) I have goals!
01) My beard is better.



BONUS BEATS:
My friend Paul (aka John Paul Jones) who just moved to Atlanta was sufficiently inspired to produce his own "Why 2009 is Better..." list, I thought I would share:

www.triskaidekaphobia.com

I wish I could see the 'non rock hair' Paul!

BB2- Make that SABRES 2-0,
after beating the Bruins, breaking the Killer B's 10 game winning streak, 14 game home wining streak!
Yessiree!

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

the old country on AM 1300 is awesome!

Jason Gusmann said...

okay, i am going to put my radio on 1300 right now. why didn't anyone else tell me about this before? is this literally a 2009 thing?

mark said...

I have found it to be hit or miss, I think later at night they play better stuff. I had it on during the day last week and it wasn't that good, but I had it on last night and it was cool. So if it sucks today, try it again later.

Jason Gusmann said...

point taken, pal. i put it on and heard "galveston" by glenn campbell and "satisfied mind" by porter waggoner, but i also had to sit thru 2 travis tritt songs. i'll just have it ready for when my shitty ipod runs out of power AGAIN.