Tuesday, July 29, 2008

Merry Go Round

Well I thought after all the hub-bub with the Typecon last week, that I would be ready for some R & R, but I am not sure I was ready to actual slow it down and relax... I think I was a bit antsy all weekend especially driving in a car for 4 and 1/2 hours (the Typecon week featured a lot of short drives back and forth to the Hyatt)....

Albany was slow and relaxing, with not much to report. I never saw much of the city, mostly the suburbs of Delmar- which were nice. Apparently they have no crime and don't worry about locking doors, which is weird coming from crime-ridden Buffalo. The weather was nice.

I think the highlights of the trip include drinking european beer, looking at baby Dermot (he is a happy baby), hanging out with his parents (Brad & Brenda), seeing an ex-Buffalonian Heather and riding inside a giant bear's stomach with one of my daughters at a fireman's carnival/fund raiser.

My friend Paul would have liked this, he likes giant bears.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

We are glad you J and the kids could visit our little corner of the world. We need to see each other more often.