Monday, November 10, 2008

20th Century Fox

Kicks on Fire or Fairies Wear High Tops (and you gotta believe me)

Last week dragged to a halt as it got a bit slow going. We went to another funeral last week-- three so far this year-- so I was not in the best of moods to end the week. J. has a report due for a class she was taking (she is simultaneously taking a class and teaching a class) so I was busy with the girls all weekend, giving J. some peace and quiet to work. That was good and kept us busy.

But now on a Monday, I am surprisingly enthusiastic. It did snow a bit this morning and it is cold. The office is usually cold on these Monday mornings during the winter. But I have a habit of dragging in on Monday morning, working up to a Wednesday peak, and them coming down towards the weekend. But today I am ready to go. I think because I have some design work to do and not just paperwork- that helps. Running your own business comes with many hats to wear- I just like putting the design hat on more than the others, most of the time. And no, the 'design hat' is not the Slash stovepipe hat as you may have been thinking... though it sure is hat weather today.

I saw an ad for these Converse Doors sneakers and some Black Sabbath "We Sold Our Souls For Rock and Roll" sneakers. I thought it was kinda cool, but who is wearing these? Not the kids, the kids don't like the Doors and Sabbath do they? Converse must be catering to us old guys... And I guess this point was proven to me as I was shopping in Weggys yesterday AM with the girls. This old dude came up to me, looked at my red high-tops and said,"You can judge a man's character by his footwear." I looked at his feet and he was sporting similar high tops, ratty old and punk rock pink ones. I smiled and sharing in his attitude, simply stated "rock on." He grinned and continued on his way to the deli section.

1 comment:

Jason Gusmann said...

now i don't know about the doors, but the kids love some sabbath! my stepdaughters (13 and 21) both love that iron man, mmmmhmmm!