Wednesday, April 1, 2009

Part Time Punks

New punk rock poster!

I designed this poster and handbill for a April 11th Mohawk Place show filled with smokey punk rock goodness. The show features some of Buffalo's best punk bands including the Chosen Ones, The Clockers, The Inebriates, and the one and only Wolf Tickets, the senior punk rockers of the bunch.

The poster features the first time I had used the Zebrawood Fill font which has an old-timey carnivalesque, wild west sort of thing going for it. I don't know, I was a bit skeptical when choosing it, but I kinda liked it, kept it on, and was overall pleased with the results. I thought it went good with the exhaled smoke. I cropped the image of the goateed dude blowing smoke, posterized the graphic by destroying the color levels. The image ended up being reduced to a few colors: white, red, orange and yellow and the background disappeared into blackness.

Usually I will distress the typeface- chopping it, overlapping it, blurring it, hatching it, etc. to 'punk it up.' But this time I left the font 'as is' which left the overall poster simple and effective. I think it came out pretty punk still, don't you?

I am currently working on the artwork for the second release from Buffalo's punk kings, Wolf Tickets. When that is done and printed I will give you a lookie-see... but not until it officially released...

Click on the above images for a larger version. Oi!

BONUS BEATS- Wolf Tickets rock video on YouTube- Oi! Oi!

1 comment:

Pharaoh said...

Looks pretty puck to me!