Tuesday, September 29, 2009

Agnostic Blues

I don't want to beat a dead horse, but the Wolf Tickets CD artwork finally showed up at my door, and I gotta show it to you. I know I wrote that piece about the poster for the CD release gig and how I made the masthead graphic by hand, but I thought I would post some photos of the final CD packaging since I was pleased with the way it came out.

The graphics tell a sort of story as the front cover illustrates 'defiance' (man vs. tank), the inside j-card is the 'retribution' (cop beating kids) and finally the under-the-cd graphic illustrating the 'penance' (man in jail). I am not sure that's what I was thinking as I first began to work on this, but something made me link these images together and it fell into place as I was desiging it.

This CD job went through a lot of changes, as did the music and the band during the process. The back cover image was suppose to be the front. I was never keen on using the baby as the cover, but maybe it plays into the story as the beginning phase (the baby as early troublemaker...?)-- proceeding to the cover 'defiance' stage of life? I don't know. The whole thing just gelled in the end- the band, the music and the artwork.

Here Comes The Hell!



Front, inside flap and CD. What is black and white and red all over? Wolf Tickets!



Front with back.



Masthead on CD starring P22 Typewriter font.




Close up of masthead created with presstype (details here).



CD with inside flap with a snatch of title track lyrics (plus stars, and lots of 'em)...



Lyric sheet.




Back cover. Love vs. hate.



Tray card graphics. Oi!

BONUS BEATS- Nate's photos from the CD release party at the Mohawk Place.

1 comment:

Jason Gusmann said...

that is frickin fabulose. i might buy it just for the graphics (having never actually heard the wolf t's).