Wednesday, May 28, 2008

Little Red Corvette

Today as I reach another age milestone, I am thinking about the past more than usual. I am always musing about days gone by, especially apparent with the Slack magazines I have been resurrecting as of late. But on my B-day, a little more than usual.....

This day, my birthday, May 28th was always was a signal that Summer was fast approaching. After the Memorial Day festivities have past and the promise of June was right around the corner, all I could think of when I was a kid was Summer! All I did all summer in 1973, when I was 8, was camp and swim (the year of the accompanying photo).

Top Things I Am Going To Do On My B-day Today:

  1. Work- well, it's not glamorous, but it's true. I can't get out of that, I do own my own company...
  2. Wear my new B-day shoes (wearing 'em now!)
  3. Drink a beer (maybe 2 or more...).
  4. Eat some Bocce's pizza.
  5. Get a lot of kisses from my girls.
  6. Read email-wishes from some friends.
  7. Talk to my Mom & Dad on the phone- they always calls.
  8. Listen to music (everyday- it's my lifeblood- keeps me going).
  9. Bask in the glory-- read my name on other blogs/websites (see Typecon Events page, DJs deja blu at the saturday Night Gala)
  10. See my friend Edreys rap live at Allen Hall tonight!
  11. Watch Playoff Hockey at Casa- maybe Sid the Kid will score a goal tonight? eh?
Happy birthday to me!

3 comments:

Unknown said...

Happy Birthday, I didn't know you were that old (I mean that in a good way)!

Kevin J. Hosey said...

Happy birthday, Mark. You deserve the accolades, love and attention from your family.

And Sid the Kid has two goals as we enter the third period, so you may want to have an extra beer or two for him, as long as Pittsburgh wins.

Damn, Crosby just hit his second post as well.

Unknown said...

I know it's a little late, but happy birthday!

What could beat Bocce's, beer and puck on any day?