Wednesday, March 25, 2009

The Only One I Know

T-Shirt Of The Week #6:
Spiderman White Art on Black Tee

This is my weekly feature on a favorite t-shirt that I own, number six.... This tee was given to me by this girl that was selling vintage apparel during the Allentown West Art Festival.

Back 3 years ago or so, we set up the Where To Roam shop out in front of the now-gone Comic City during the Allentown West Art Festival and this girl shared the spot with us. When we were all said and done, she said I could have a tee and I picked this one. It is a cool reverse Spiderman graphic on a well-worn black tee. It is the pose Spiderman makes when he is dropping out of the sky or making a landing from a web swing. He right hand is poised and ready to web and the graphic behind looks like a spider dagger.

It is an official Marvel product (has a logo on it), but it always looked like a bootleg. I guess because it is so worn already. I bought it worn, it's vintage, ya know. This tee reminds me of my friend Natetrax who owned Comic City, he used to give me all kinds of cool comic books, tees and other superhero paraphernalia. We had a good time selling tees that Summer weekend and I have this shirt as a memory.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

I really like this one.