Friday, January 18, 2008

Where It Began

A peek into the past sometimes can drop into your lap. Literally!

As my appetite for rock biographies deepens (I am on by 3rd bio this year!), I have moved on the 'Scuse Me While I Kiss The Sky By David Henderson. It is a book I have owned for ages, purchasing to read probably back in 1982-83 or so. Not a very good book, but I'll try and slog through it...

I found the book tucked away with a few others that I had forgotten about. As I open the book to begin reading, the homemade, yellowed bookmark fell out. It was a pencil sketch that I did when I was a lad (early 80s) of Jim Morrison! When I was a rock loving youth I used to spend a lot of time drawing. The budding artist that I was, that was all I did. Finding this Lizard King drawing was quite a blast from the past- so you can see my love of all things design/art and rock had started at a very early age.

I guess this was a sign that the next bio I have to re-read will be Danny Sugarman & Jerry Hopkin's No One Here Gets Out Alive. This is the book that was my bible as a young impresonable lad. Maybe my love of excessive excess was born because of it- who knows?

I am the lizard king, I can do anything!

No comments: