Thursday, May 28, 2009

Lips Like Sugar.. Sugar Kisses...

Ten Things to Consider & Be Thankful For On My 43rd Birthday:

10) I still like loud music.
Well, at least my music loud, not the kids "Hanna Bandana" loud music (though it is cute to see the little one sing in her room with her fake microphone... just like I used to do as a kid).

09) I feel very healthy.
I glad I quit smoking, probably... 12 years ago. You know I never expected to live past 30, or 40... and now look at me. 50, 60, 70... anybody?

08) I am glad my girls love me.
Even when I have had a bad day, they are all (3 of them) happy to see me and ready to tell me that they love me- often.

07) I am glad I am charge of my own haircuts these days and not my mom (see photo).
I used to get some bad haircuts, wear some bad clothing but I think I have finally got it together aesthetically... pretty much.

06) I love all the birthday attention: facebook posts, emails, phone calls, etc.
Us artists crave the attention, the accolades, the hand shakes, the pats on the back. Keep it coming!

05) It is great being an artist.
I truly like having my own business and not being under the thumb of 'the man.'
Through the prosperous times and the lean times, I do really love what I do.
Though not always at 12:30 AM on a Tuesday night, but it beats working for a living.. right?

04) B-Day Dinner at Casa Di Pizza with the family will be great!
I love going out to eat and the pizza is really good at the 'house o' pizza'! My favorite bar manager, Chris is probably working as well.

03) There is still hockey this time of year (Go Pens!).
My favorite sport & playoff time is the best time of the season, as I have a new favorite team every round. It is exciting and relaxing and there will always be Playoff Hockey during the end of May.

02) My walk-friendly neighborhood.
Not having to drive often is good- I hate driving. I love this neighborhood-- and for all the crap Buffalo gets-- this is the best time of year to live here. Plus after #04, I will need some exercise.

01) I think I might be getting better looking as I get older... anyone?
Where is all that attention, I mentioned earlier....
Facebookers click "Like (thumbs up)."

photos: me in 1974 , age 8. Me at 42-7/8 photo by Abby.

3 comments:

j.ll said...

funny, that lower picture looks just like you at 42 and 364/365ths years old...

jet stegman said...

Happy Birfday old man. You have a beautiful family and you're in a great place. Well done. Hope to see you in BFLO for a visit before long.

SD

Kevin J. Hosey said...

Happy late birthday, Mark, and the old photo you used, in all its glory, reminds me why I don't post photos like my confirmation one while wearing a green, white and yellow-checked leisure suit.