Monday, March 10, 2008

Window Sill

Hands tied.

The blessing and the unfortunate thing about graphic design is it has been tied to the use of the computer. Of course to be able to really design, you have to be able to do it without the computer. But there is no way in hell, you could be a practicing graphic designer and not use a computer. If you can't send an email, you are hopelessly unattached to society today. Or so it would seem....

I spend the better part of today on the phone with my internet service provider, swapping cables, turning computers and modems and routers on and off and on and off, etc. etc. There has been 0% thing designed by me personally today, all part of the job. I used to have a modem in my house and I remember why the internet used to suck before it got fast! ! ! Anyway, I am going to draw something on paper tonight, with a pencil, and live to fight technology another day... tomorrow.

The attached photo is not a made up still life, this is really what my desk looked like- Cat5 and phone lines all over, scraps of paper with scribbled notes >> Click to enlarge >>

No comments: