Wednesday, April 8, 2009

Mountain Song

T-Shirt Of The Week #8: The Invaders!

This is my weekly feature on a favorite t-shirt that I own, number eight... This tee was given to my comic book store owning friend. As I mentioned, on an earlier T-shirt post, he used to give me all sorts of cool comics related merchandise including this tee.

This tee is an illustration of one of may favorite, yet little known super-hero teams, The Invaders. For those that don't know, they are a WW2 era team consisting of the Human Torch, the famous Captain America and Prince Namor, known as the Sub-Mariner. They are an interesting bunch as Namor wasn't always a good guy, in the classic sense, the reluctant hero, I guess. They originated in the 1940s and this Human Torch is not the same guy that was later in the 1960's Fantastic Four. The Invaders were revived in the 1970s and this shirt depicts that era.

The graphic on this tee is art by Jack 'King' Kirby one of the best of Marvel Comic's artist and the best Captain America artist (next to Jim Steranko). On the tee, the gang is coming at you-- ready for battle.

This is an old tee-- has some paint stains on it-- but still a favorite, it makes me feel mighty!

No comments: