Monday, April 6, 2009

This Life Makes Me Wonder

Pussy willows, polish sausage, placek, hand painted Polish eggs, peeps and everything you can think of dipped in chocolate- The annual family trip to the famous Broadway Market in pictures!

Today the family and I took our annual Easter trip to the Famous Broadway Market. As a kid, I spend many a Saturday morning with my Grandpa at the Market and I have many fond memories. I have made sure my girls will know this experience and I have been taking them for all their years so far. It is not the same as when I was a kid, but in some ways it is a snapshot of a history captured in time.

This is the best time of the year to go as the stalls are filled with vendors and the place bustles with people. We actually go to the market often, but it isn't as exciting is it is this time of the year.

Below are some snapshots of out trip. A great way to beat the rainy (snow, wha?) blues of a Monday, plus it gets really busy at the market as the week progresses. Click for larger views!


Army of rabbits, and my Grandma's favorite treat, the chocolate cross.


Candies & more candies....


The guy at the end is wearing a 'Polish Mafia' T-shirt.


Peeps- some of the hundreds of 'things dipped in chocolate.'


Handcrafted Polish gifts.


Hand-painted wooden eggs.


More Polish gifts.


The ever-popular butter lambs (side facing and front facing).


Pussy willows ready for Dyngus Day, coming up the Monday after Easter.


Sausage fest.

No comments: