Wednesday, July 25, 2007

Pick Up The Pieces

Things are good in the world of OtherWisz!

The home improvements projects are complete for now, the office renovation, switch-a-roo is just about complete.

We have a lot of cool work going on: brochures, logos, posters, great big websites and more.

Where to Roam gear is hot lately and selling great!

And most of all, the DJ sound system is in place in the soon-to-be-complete OtherWisz lounge/conference room/t-shirt store. We are in an all vinyl mode as I spend the next few weeks organizing, thinning the record herd and cranking out some long-lost grooves from my collections of hundreds of LPs, 12" singles, 45s and a few 10" records. Ignore the CDs for now.

DJing has always been a relaxing, therapeutic release for me and it has actually been out of my life for a bit. Scott and I have had some deja blu gigs this year, but I haven't just been playing for fun, to relax, or to treat my senses to some fine grooves, phat beats, college flashbacks, new sounds and old.

When my life wasn't so busy-busy-busy in the past (before owning our own companies, dogs and children) I used to hang with some friends and play music, drink adult beverages and smoke cigarettes (I have quit so long ago that it is ancient history at this point). I mean that is what we did for fun- just play music for hours and hours.... I am not complaining about how things are now, but it is time to fit some down time into all this mad rush- play some long forgotten records and chill.

When you have so much to do, you forget the downtime is as important as the uptime. When the lounge is all done, we'll have you guys over, eh?

1 comment:

Pharaoh said...

Yeah baby! Downtime, can't wait for the invite to the chillzone.