Monday, June 30, 2008

Love The One Your With

OtherWisz Live (& in person)!

J. and I are giving a presentation during Typecon- so if you have a desire/need to see the team OtherWisz live and in action, this will be your chance! We are one of the presenters during the Pecha Kucha night at Hallwalls in Babeville. Those of you who are not familiar with the Pecha Kucha, it was formed by a couple architects (Astrid Klein and Mark Dytham) looking to speed up and make the presentation given by architecture more palatable. It seems architects want to ramble on and on and on (often). The PK format requires presenters to show 20 slides while only talking for 20 seconds per slide. This makes the whole presentation only 6 minutes and 40 seconds long! Sort of speed presenting!

As we plan our presentation, I gotta tell you I am a bit nervous, but excited to be part of such a cool event. As we move along with our planning, I will keep you posted as to what we are going to do. I was thinking of demonstrating the fun & challenges of a husband and wife design team working in Bflo, NY.... what do you think?

I do hope a lot of you OW fans come on out to see how nervous we are both going to be in public amongst our peers. Last time I spoke in public the audience was a lot younger, but I wowed 'em! Run, Joe, run!

No comments: