Monday, April 16, 2007

Living in Fame: The Email Interviews (part 2)

Here is the 2nd of several quick email interviews with Buffalo designers, artists, photogs and the like. There are a lot of talented creative types in the Queen City- let us see what is in their heads-- topics include BFLO, design and their inspirations.

My second responder is Dan Humpartzoomian of The Design Department, a local design company specializing in drug packaging.

Name: Dan Humpartzoomian

Age: 42

Occupation: Owner / Art Director / Lover of Fun / Hockey Dad (The later takes up most of my time)

Company: Design Department, Inc.

Design Education (if any): Crayolas - NCCC Fine Art - Buff State - Graphic Design - Life

I decided to become a designer because....?
From as far back as I could remember I loved to draw and create. I guess I was steered in that direction.

Designing in Buffalo is....?
A challenge sometimes. A lot of my customers are out of town now.

I find inspiration in....?
The bottom of a pint... or 6. And the respect for other great design, it makes me push myself.

My favorite design(er) is ..... ?
mark wisz (aw shucks.... mw)

Right now (I mean RIGHT NOW!) I am listening to...?
The buzz of an electrical box in my office. But if I were to launch iTunes right now it would be The Raconteurs, T. Hip or Southern Culture on the Skids (SCOTS)!

No comments: