Friday, April 20, 2007

Living in Fame: The Email Interviews (part 4)

Here is the 4th of several quick email interviews with Buffalo designers, artists, photogs and the like. There are a lot of talented creative types in the Queen City- let us see what is in their heads-- topics include BFLO, design and their inspirations.

My fourth responder is Alan Kegler, an award winning local designer who works in the UB Creative Services division and freelances as Courage Design.

Name: Alan Kegler

Age: Middle Jurasiac (45)

Occupation: art director/designer

Company: Creative Services at UB, Courage Design

Design Education (if any): Buffalo State, my brothers

I decided to become a designer because....?
It’s the only thing I could do.

Designing in Buffalo is....?
Great, if you can find the work. You can design anywhere, so I would rephrase the question to “Living is Buffalo is”... Absolutely great! The quality of life here is outstanding.

I find inspiration in....?
Music, art, design, junk, snowboarding, Mt biking, getting out and living life!

My favorite design(er) is ..... ?
Yee-Haw Industries, my boys.

Right now (I mean RIGHT NOW!) I am listening to...?
Joseph Arthur, You are Free

No comments: