Wednesday, April 11, 2007

Living in Fame: The Email Interviews (part 1)

Here is the first of several quick email interviews with Buffalo designers, artists, photogs and the like. There are a lot of talented creative types in the Queen City- let us see what is in their heads-- topics include BFLO, design and their inspirations.

My first responder is Rich Kegler of P22, local font foundry, bookmaker and creator of many cool things.

Name: R Kegler

Age: 41

Occupation: Font Guy

Company: P22

Design Education (if any): Buff State, UB, Hard Knocks

I decided to become a designer because....?
I didn’t decide to become a designer it decided to become me.

Designing in Buffalo is....?
Nice work if you can get it. A warm Blanket. Pure raw potential.

I find inspiration in....?
Letters, Celebrities (who are not singers or musicians) who record music albums, View Masters.

My favorite design(er) is ..... ?
David Eggers (because he’s not really a designer)

Right now (I mean RIGHT NOW!) I am listening to...?
Japancakes- Sleepy Strange

No comments: